GRILLED BREAST OF CHICKEN MARSALA
Fat: 7 g
Carbs: 28 g
Protein: 43 g
• 2 tsp ground fennel seeds
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
• ½ tsp red pepper flakes
• 4 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 16 small carrots, peeled
• 3½ cups marsala or low-sodium chicken broth
• 8 pieces dried porcini mushrooms
• 2 shallots, thinly sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, smashed
• Vegetable oil cooking spray
• 4 tbsp nonfat yogurt
• 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
Mix fennel seeds, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture over chicken and set aside. Boil carrots for about 4 minutes and remove; dry on a paper towel and set aside.
Bring marsala to a low boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic. Season with more salt and pepper. Simmer until sauce reduces, about 20 minutes. Discard garlic and set sauce aside.
Coat grill with cooking spray and grill chicken for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Grill carrots for about 5 minutes, rotating until charred. Return sauce to stove; bring to a simmer, remove from heat and whisk in yogurt. Divide carrots among 4 plates and top each with chicken, sauce and a sprig of rosemary.
* Taken from Clean Eating Magazine